Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mike & Cath’s Tanzania Project

Following Mum’s sudden death in November Avril and I were home and staying with my dear elder brother Michael and his wife Cath.

A couple of years earlier the two of them had considered coming out to Tanzania to set up shop here for a while, and finally moved to Dunoon. As well they did, since shortly after Dad suddenly died and Mike and Cath were able to look after Mum, who needed their support.

When Mum died Mike and Cath could no longer see any reason to stay and they came to check things out early in the month of January. They stayed for three months, by which time they had made some new friends here and had a taste of the ministry here too. By the end of their visit they had made up their minds to come to Tanzania for at least a year and booked their tickets to return for June.

So they’ve been with us for several weeks now and have settled into their own place up on the hill less than a mile from our place. For the time being it is their intention to remain with the Central (English language) congregation, but meanwhile they are making efforts to learn Swahili.

We’re thrilled to have them here with us, preaching with them each week. In July and August they’re both auxiliary pioneers, and starting in September Mike will go regular. Congratulations to you both!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I have decided to comment this, because I'm a sister from Poland and I had opportunity to meet with Mike & Cathy few years ago in Cardiff.
    I'm also glad that they made up their mind and decided to move to territory where the need for publisher is greater.
    I'm planning to go to Africa this year. So I would really appreciate if you could pass to them my greetings and kindly ask them to contact me: patka728@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post. michael telvi arrested

    ReplyDelete