Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Moussa Kileopa

I am often reluctant to accept new students because of my busy roster. Our local pioneer sister Anna Natai saw fit, as a result, to resort to underhanded means to convince me to take care of one man she’d met, back in April this year.

She agreed to take some of my lady calls from me in the same neighbourhood, and begged me until I couldn’t refuse. I learned a big lesson though!

Avril contacted Moussa the first time at his shoe repair shop by the roadside, where she gave him a tract or a magazine some time ago. The publication was enough to raise Moussa’s curiosity. He had been raised a nominal Muslim but soon became dissatisfied, exploring Christendom for a while with the local Assemblies of God. But he quickly recognised the ring of truth. Anna contacted Moussa next, and answered a few of his questions. Then she began studying with Moussa’s wife.

It was at this time that she asked me to begin conducting Moussa’s bible study. I did agree, and when I met Moussa, I was immediately impressed by his level of interest. He had already learned a good deal about the truth from Anna and from the publications he’d been able to read. Despite not having a good education, he had been able to study quite a bit on his own.

We started the study at chapter one of the What does the Bible really teach? book and rapidly made progress, assisted by Moussa’s zealous preparation for our little lessons.

In July he began asking how he could qualify to preach with the congregation, and the elders suggested he be given a little more time. This month Moussa qualified as a kingdom publisher, and I had the great joy of taking him out on his first house call.

Jehovah’s Witnesses are known as such because they give a witness – it is essential for each one to make a ‘public declaration for salvation.’ (Matthew 24:14; Romans 10:10-14; Isaiah 43:10-12)

No comments:

Post a Comment