Friday, March 20, 2009

Shanilla

IMG_8291

Shanilla is an 11 year old girl with whom I have been studying. She attends the Sunday meeting regularly on her own. She is very bright and understands well. We have just reached chapter 11 in the Bible Teach Book on why God permits suffering. I originally started studying with her mother but she works every day and I haven’t seen her now for months. Shanilla has continued and seems to really want to please Jehovah. She has started preaching to her school friends and has brought up to 8 along with her to the meetings, two others are now regularly studying. She seemed very depressed when I studied with her this Sunday. It seems that she is to be sent away to her families village in the middle of nowhere. She is worried about it. Her mum it seems is to busy to care for her, her dad is dead already. She also mentioned that she wouldn’t be able to come to the meeting. I have done some research though and found out that there is a congregation which is not too far away so I will try to get in touch with someone there. I will miss her study. I now have to trust Jehovah to care for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment